Friday, October 18, 2013

Working Sucks.

I finally got myself a job, and yes, I am quite proud of myself. I aced the interview (the guy told me he liked me and we even bonded over White Spot and acting) and he said he'd called me soon if I got it. Well, two hours later, he called me. I got the job. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous to start, but I was happy that I was finally going to be able to make my own money and save up to move out or move to England. But then, when I went in for training, I got sat down in the dining hall and had to watch over 20 videos, and I'm not even done yet! I had no problem with that, but then it got scary. There was so much things I have to remember. I have to remember how to make 20 different kind of coffee's and 30 different kinds of sandwiches and 10 different kinds of soups. I was just thankful for cafeteria! Because of that, it helped me understand a lot of the stuff - not including the food stuff - so I didn't need to worry about remembering that. But that's not the worst part. My sister works there. On her first day, she got shown around, introduced to staff and learned how to punch in. Then, her friend started today and learned all that as well. But, yesterday, when it was my first time there, I didn't. I didn't learn any of that and that kind of pisses me off. They didn't show me any of that and they are supposed to so now I have to go in tomorrow and tell them they need to show me. Me and my sister like to joke that the reason they're not showing me is because they're going to fire me because apparently some places don't like you working with your sibling. A part of me hopes that's right because I hate working there. But another part hopes that's not true because I need a job. I really do. It's just not fair that I'm not being taught anything while all the other new employee's are.

No comments:

Post a Comment